Job Title: Bankruptcy Representative
Are you dedicated to change, personal growth and your community?
If this describes you, consider joining our team here at GreenPath, Inc.! We have a One Team One Dream outlook with our financial knowledge and expertise that provides our clients with a better quality of life and a clear path to financial success!
With our World Headquarters in Farmington Hills, MI and 50+ Field Center locations across the U.S., we have performed financial counseling for over 50 years AND COUNTING!!! For debtors struggling to overcome credit card debt, mortgage concerns, student loans and/or possible bankruptcy, we are only a phone call away.
In our first contact center we have room on the floor for Bankruptcy Representatives that are dedicated to guiding GreenPath’s clients through the process of obtaining the certifications to file for and be discharged of legal bankruptcy, in addition to providing support to a wide-range of incoming lines of business. Bankruptcy Representatives provide world-class customer service and guidance for incoming clients, as well as help troubleshoot technical or procedural issues, in order to help produce the certifications clients need, as well as bring quick and satisfying resolutions to their issues.
Are you ready to put on the jersey and be a starter?
Send us a cover letter and a copy of your resume to email@example.com. The clock is ticking, Game Time!
- Communicate and respond empathetically to clients and creditors to maintain successful relationships.
- Maintain a high level of discretion and professionalism regarding client financial information.
- Document client’s files all of activity and conversations with clients and their creditors.
- Review customer concerns cordially and professionally. Document any suggestions and pass complaint to Supervisor or Manager.
- Review the center client’s account activity to identify potential or existing problems such as short, late or missed payments/deposits.
- Work with center clients proactively to prevent or resolve problems identified.
- Understand state regulations and guidelines when working a client’s account, to work it appropriately.
- Respond to client inquiries concerning account activity (proposals, disbursements, deposits, payments, communication with creditors, etc.).
- Communicate with creditors to resolve issues with Debt Management Proposals or missed disbursements.
- Advise client and Counselor of need to schedule follow up counseling session, as situation warrants.
- Add additional debts to Debt Management Plan as needed, and configure corresponding changes to the account that are necessary.
- Monitor clients’ bill statements. Identify issues such as improper payment postings and incorrect finance charges, and contact creditors to resolve these issues.
- Perform other functions as assigned by their Team Leader, Supervisor, or Manager
- Two to three years’ experience in an Account Maintenance or Customer Service environment required.
- Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Behavioral or Social Science can be substituted for experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business policies and procedures. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, clients and creditors. Ability to communicate effectively and respond with empathy to staff, clients and creditors. Ability to speak, read and write in English and Spanish may be required for some locations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages.
- Ability to operate a computer in a Windows based environment, utilizing various software programs encompassing word processing, spreadsheets, data bases and e-mail to produce and manage essential reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Direct Reports: None
Travel Requirements: None
GreenPath, Inc. reserves the right to change this description at any time. GreenPath, Inc practices the concept of equal employment opportunity with respect to hiring, promotions, transfers, pay, discipline, fringe benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. No individual will be discriminated against, and no employment decisions will be made, on the basis of an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, protected disability, marital status, familial status, veteran status, height, weight or citizenship.
Current Location Opening: Farmington Hills, MI - Corporate Office