A veteran – active duty, discharged, retired, or reserves – is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for the amount of, “up to and including their life.” It is an honor for those who serve our country in this way.
America’s veterans and service members face unique financial challenges, often due to the stresses of serving, injuries, suffering from PTSD, and struggles adjusting back to civilian life. The question is often asked: how can we support our veterans and their families? Join us as we discuss some of the challenges our veterans face, as well as resources for and solutions to those challenges.
What You Will Learn
- An overview of unique financial challenges facing veterans
- Solutions both unique to veterans and available to everyone
- How to access available resources
- Bill Fowlkes: GreenPath Partner Experience Manager
- Laura Conner: GreenPath Talent Development Leader
- Haley Maddox: Service Credit Union Community Engagement Specialist
- Michael Schulenberg: Supervisor of Originations-Real Estate Lending