Student Loan Counseling
- May 4, 2021
- By: P.T. Phan
STUDENT LOAN COUNSELING
Everyone who calls GreenPath receives a free financial counseling session. GreenPath’s professional counselors will listen respectfully and support you in reviewing your situation. The counselors will give you advice on budgeting and planning.
The numbers are astonishing. More than 44 million people owe student loans totaling over $1 trillion in student debt combined. On top of that borrowers face confusing repayment options. And if you make the wrong choice it could end up costing you more.
Student Loan Counseling (Free as part of GreenPath’s counseling services)
A certified student loan expert will:
- Review your student loans to determine payment options based on your loan types.
- Explore repayment options to make sure you understand the pros and cons of each.
- Develop a customized plan to help you pay your bills and help you along your financial wellness journey.
Student Loan Enhanced Support ($200)
This enhanced session is especially helpful if you’re in default or having trouble with your loan servicer(s). In addition to receiving all of the Student Loan Counseling Services listed above, a certified student loan expert will:
- Conduct an in-depth analysis. We’ll guide you in understanding your loan repayment options and do some of the legwork for you.
- Create a personalized plan to bring your delinquent loans current.
- Work with you to complete the application process for securing a student loan repayment program, if appropriate.
- Contact your student loan servicers and be your advocate and partner until a final resolution is reached.