Financial Counseling Services
GreenPath is a trusted national nonprofit since 1961. Through our partnership, everyone who contacts GreenPath receives a free financial counseling session. Let’s make your financial goals happen, together.
Free Upcoming Webinar
Wednesday, February 8 @ 3:00 pm EST - 4:00 pm EST
Are you curious how your personality shapes the financial decisions you make daily? Our money personality is our viewpoint on the way money should be handled. This viewpoint shapes our money behaviors and habits, which impact the financial decisions we make.
Understanding your money personality is important right now. We’re experiencing a changing economy, rising inflation and uncertainty. The actions you take with your finances and the emotions you’re feeling are normal and understanding them can help change the way you think about money. Embracing your money personality can positively shape your spending and saving habits in the year ahead.
What You Will Learn
- How your money personality impacts the financial decisions you make
- The ways your feelings around money can trigger emotions like fear, anxiety, and happiness
- Opportunities to leverage your emotions around money to change the way you spend, save and work towards your financial goals
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who wants to understand their emotions around money
- Anyone who wants practical tips and strategies to handle their finances based on their money personality
- Anyone who wants to better understand why others spend the way they do
We will record this webinar and send the link of the recording to all registrants after the webinar.
Free Financial Resources
Enter your current balance below to see how much you can potentially save.
Tanisha & Noah
"The engagement with the GreenPath debt counselor,
it was genuine."
“It was a giant weight off my shoulders. Because the debt has followed me and it's been this giant shadow.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Is financial counseling free?
Yes. General financial counseling, including credit counseling, debt counseling are free. Some of our specialized services for reverse mortgage and homebuyer assistance have a fee.
How long does a counseling session take?
The first general financial counseling session takes about an hour, although it will depend on your unique situation and what you need to accomplish your goals.
What do I need for my initial session?
One of the first things a counselor will do with you is put together your budget. Having an idea of your income and expenses is helpful. If you have billing statements handy, even better!
Will you keep my information confidential?
All client information is secure and confidential. GreenPath will not share your information with anyone without your permission. We also do not report to credit bureaus. Request your free counseling session.
Speak with A Counselor About Your Debt Options Today
GreenPath have helped more than 65,000 households pay off over $200 million in debt. You can call GreenPath anytime during business hours to reach a debt counselor if you need advice.
Contact a GreenPath counselor today for a free debt counseling session. 100% confidential. Call
Take the First Step It Is Free and 100% Confidential
Contact GreenPath to conduct a free debt counseling session to see if our debt management plan is right for you.
NOTE: This is an example. It helps you see how a debt management plan might help you. IT IS NOT AN ACTUAL QUOTE.
How Your Debt Is Calculated
- The pay “on your own” example assumes you make only the minimum payment.
- We use an interest rate of 24 percent. The GreenPath debt management plan example shown is based on getting rid of your debt within five years.
- We use an average interest rate of 8 percent .
In most cases, we can work with your creditors to reduce your interest rate. Actual interest rates will vary by client and creditor.