Student Loans? You’re Not Alone.
The numbers are astonishing. More than 44 million people owe student loans totaling over $1 trillion in student debt combined. On top of that borrowers face confusing repayment options. And if you make the wrong choice it could end up costing you more.
Don’t worry. We can help you ace the money questions. And the best part? Student loan counseling is available as part of GreenPath’s standard counseling sessions.
How to Deal With Student Debt
Your future is yet to be written, and the choices you make now can influence what comes next. Knowing what’s best for you requires student loan expertise plus an unbiased assessment of your situation. We offer two tiers of service to help you find a clear path forward:
Student Loan Counseling (Free as part of GreenPath’s counseling services)
A certified student loan expert will:
- Review your student loans to determine payment options based on your loan types.
- Explore repayment options to make sure you understand the pros and cons of each.
- Develop a customized plan to help you pay your bills and help you along your financial wellness journey.
Student Loan Enhanced Support ($200)
This enhanced session is especially helpful if you’re in default or having trouble with your loan servicer(s). In addition to receiving all of the Student Loan Counseling Services listed above, a certified student loan expert will:
- Conduct an in-depth analysis. We’ll guide you in understanding your loan repayment options and do some of the legwork for you.
- Create a personalized plan to bring your delinquent loans current.
- Work with you to complete the application process for securing a student loan repayment program, if appropriate.
- Contact your student loan servicers and be your advocate and partner until a final resolution is reached.
Are You Already Behind?
Our Enhanced Student Loan Counseling is especially helpful if you’re in default or having trouble with your loan servicer.
In addition to the services above we’ll:
- Conduct an in-depth analysis. We’ll guide you through repayment options and do some of the legwork for you.
- Identify delinquent and defaulted loans, then create a plan to get you back on track.
- Submit documentation for you. When it’s appropriate, we’ll help you complete an application for a loan repayment plan.
- Contact your loan servicers on your behalf. We’ll be there with you through every step to find a positive outcome.
Graduate from Student Debt
Call the GreenPath Student Loan Helpline to get started today.