For some, owning a home is a big part of the American Dream. There’s a sense of pride and accomplishment in ownership. It can give you greater freedom and privacy. It can also add to your financial security. Home buying is a big step and takes some planning.
Home buying might seem like a complicated process. Our counseling and education can help you navigate the process and make informed decisions. We’ll help you understand a range of issues including:
- The Realtor’s Role: Buyer and Seller
- Down Payment. How much do you need?
- Types of Mortgages: Understanding loan options
- Mortgage Lenders: How to Choose
- Pre-qualifying for a Mortgage
- Home Appraisal. Why Lenders Do It
- Home Inspection. What Should It Cover?
- Escrow Accounts. The What and Why
- Homeowners Insurance. Protecting Your Investment
- Home Maintenance. What to Expect
A Head Start for Home Buying
Are you a first-time buyer? Or maybe you’re thinking about moving up or even downsizing. Our certified housing experts can prepare you with the knowledge and tools you’ll need to make the best decisions. You’ll learn about ways to improve your credit score, how to access down-payment assistance, affordable loan programs, and many other key steps to help make your purchase a valuable part of your long-term financial health and wellness.
Thinking About a Home Equity Loan?
If you’re considering a home equity loan, talk to one of our housing experts first. We’ll help you look at your entire financial picture to determine if a home equity loan is your best option. We can also provide valuable information on securing a loan and staying out of debt in the future. Owning a home — or borrowing against it — is a big step in your financial journey. GreenPath’s housing counselors will empower you with the knowledge to reach your goals.