Free Student Loan Debt Counseling
Student Loan Debt? Contact GreenPath for A Free Counseling Session
The Federal Administration extended the pause through June 30, 2023. If you are unsure what your next steps are, contact GreenPath to speak with a financial counselor.
Free Resources for Students
Payments Resume in 2023
for 44 Million People
The numbers are astonishing. More than 44 million people owe student loans totaling over $1 trillion in student debt combined.
But the landscape is changing. After the longest student loan repayment pause in history, the federal Administration extended the pause through June 30, 2023.
Americans earning under $125,000 will see $10,000 of their student loan debt forgiven, according to the most recent announcement by the administration.
If you have questions or is unsure about what steps to take next, please contact GreenPath for a free student loans counseling session.
While the relief package is expected to face legal challenges, it pays to get information directly from the policy makers.
In addition, borrowers who are employed by non-profits, the military, or federal, state, Tribal, or local government may be eligible to have all of their student loans forgiven through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. For more information on eligibility and requirements, go to PSLF.gov.
How to Deal with Student Debt
Your future is yet to be written, and the choices you make now can influence what comes next. Knowing what’s best for you requires student loan expertise plus an unbiased assessment of your situation. We offer two tiers of service to help you find a clear path forward.
Tier 1 Student Loan Counseling
Free | Call 800-550-1961
Free as part of GreenPath’s counseling services. A certified student loan expert will:
- Review your student loans to determine payment options based on your loan types.
- Explore repayment options to make sure you understand the pros and cons of each.
- Develop a customized plan to help you pay your bills and help you along your financial wellness journey.
Tier 2 Student Loan Enhanced Support
$200 | Call 855-400-3718
In addition to receiving all of the Tier 1 Student Loan Counseling Services, a certified student loan expert will:
- Conduct an in-depth analysis. We’ll guide you through repayment options and do some of the legwork for you.
- Identify delinquent and defaulted loans, then create a plan to get you back on track.
- Submit documentation for you. When it’s appropriate, we’ll help you complete an application for a loan repayment plan.
- Contact your loan servicers on your behalf. We’ll be there with you through every step to find a positive outcome.
This enhanced session is especially helpful if you’re in default or having trouble with your loan servicer(s).