Media Fact Sheet
Our media fact sheet offers background information about GreenPath Financial Wellness to support reporters and media professionals. If you would like to learn more about GreenPath and our work, or connect with one of our dynamic team members as a source for your story, please contact us at 248-488-0419 or e-mail our communications team.
About GreenPath Financial Wellness
Our mission is to empower people to lead financially healthy lives. We are a national nonprofit focused on financial wellness for everyone. People have turned to us for nearly 60 years as their guide through financial crises: overwhelming debt, foreclosure, or credit challenges. Today, we work to strengthen financial wellness at every step of the financial journey.
Every year hundreds of partners and hundreds of thousands of people choose GreenPath because of the GreenPath Difference. We are building a new financial culture and system to work for everyone. Our people-centered approach, ambitious goals, and creative strategies set us apart. We’re far more than a credit counseling agency.
We are based in Farmington Hills, Michigan, and we serve the entire U.S. and Puerto Rico by phone and internet. We also operate about 55 branch offices across the nation.
We were one of the first agencies approved by HUD to conduct financial counseling services, and one of the first agencies approved by the Department of Justice to provide bankruptcy and education services. GreenPath is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), and is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA). The organization has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Our Mission and Goal
Our mission is to empower people to lead financially healthy lives.
We believe everyone deserves a chance to pursue their dreams, and we know that financial health is a key factor in getting there.
We envision a world where people feel ready for life’s ups and downs, and we all have the tools we need to accomplish our financial goals. That’s why we set a bold 10-year goal to remix the American Dream so it works for everyone.
Fast Facts and Figures
- Headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan
- About 55 branch offices in 20 states
- Nearly 500 employees
- more than 107,000 services provided.
- more than 32,000 housing counseling sessions including helping those avoid foreclosure
- $256 million in consumer debt was paid through a GreenPath Debt Management Plan
- 83,000 engagements with GreenPath educational experiences
- Kristen L. Holt – President and CEO
- Donna McNeill – Chief Operating Officer
- Susan Murphy – Chief People Officer
- Rich Hollis – Chief Financial Officer
- Donna Doleman Dickerson – Chief Marketing Officer
- Sireesha Mandava – Chief Information Officer
- Rick Bialobrzeski – Executive Vice President, Strategy
- David Flores – Director, Client Services
- Steve Gardner – Executive Director, Clarifi
- Tom Jacobson – Director, Strategic Partnerships, Rural Dynamics, Inc.
- Rod McGinniss – SVP, Business Development